KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
....OUR BUCKETEER NEWSLETTER
CLASSIC ESCORTED TOURS
SANDALS & BEACHES RESORTS
EUROPE FOOD & WINE EXPERIENCES
COUNTRY HOMES AND IN-CITY APARTMENTS
OUR GROUP OR YOUR’S
INDEPENDENT INTERNATIONAL VACATIONS
Let our Bucket List Concierge™ Team plan your dream vacation now!
Cancellation protection that allows for trip cancellation prior to departure
Scheduled itineraries and fixed ground prices that allow you to plan ahead, often as much as 16 months ahead
Imaginative itineraries that blend cultural experiences and free time to explore
Head of the line privileges to minimize delays
Dedicated tour guides and local experts
Choice of travel style and accommodation levels from budget to plush
Perfect for groups who wish to travel together
The world of adventure travel no longer requires you to be young and active or sleep in hostels or hike miles a day to enjoy nature and cultural immersion. It has become the perfect choice for couples, moms and daughters, families and multi-generational families who are looking to connect with their world in a small group setting led by attentive knowledgeable guides. Our adventure travel guests vary in age but they all share in the excitement of discovering something new.
• Enjoy getting off the beaten track
• Savor a vacation that will get you out of your comfort zone
• Seek immersive experiences and detailed itineraries
• Appreciate the help of a knowledgeable local guide and exclusive itineraries
• Desire the chance to meet local families, sample local cuisine and discover family run enterprises
• Value the intimacy of experiences shared with a small group of like-minded fellow explorers.
• Demand security, access and camaraderie for solo or mother-daughter travel
• Are you an outdoor enthusiast anxious to sail, bike, canoe or trek through beautiful locations?
• Or, a budding naturist who looks forward to learning more about endemic flora and fauna around the world?
• Or, does viewing or photographing wildlife excite you?
• Or, do you want to participate in a festival or famous activity?
• Or, when you go to a museum do you want someone knowledgeable with you?
• Or, are you simply looking to live like a local and come face-to-face with others new cultural and spiritual values?
• Or, are you ready for explore new towns, experience good food and wine and enjoy natural beauty without being rushed?
We only select adventure suppliers who meet our high standards of customer service and best value. We have showcased below our favorites for Europe with an emphasis on Italy exploration. Most have an international reach and feature itineraries around the globe:
• Guaranteed 100% departures
• 24/7 Customer service
• Experts in their fields
• No or reasonable single supplements
• Choice of activity levels
• High customer satisfaction grades
• No or reasonable extra fees
If you are like us, your backpacking days are behind you, but you still yearn to explore the world, indulge in its flavors and experience life from a unique perspective.
So, we have been looking for a supplier who will give our travel guests greater hands-on exploration with imaginative itineraries and insider access, all with upgraded accommodations, private transport and meals.
We have found it in National Geographic Journeys.
10 Days - Dijon to Paris including 6 nights on a canal barge, biking through vineyards and villages, Burgundy cellar visits and wine tastings and visits to Parisian markets. Max group size 22. From $2,029 pp
11 Days – Auckland to Queenstown, New Zealand, including Doubtful Sound overnight wilderness cruise, helicopter flight to a glacier, 2 nights in the Southern Alps, private Maori society experience and a dolphins and whale experience at the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park with a crew of biologists. From $2,999 pp
– “Why just go somewhere when you can be somewhere.” The team at Adventures by Disney goes out of its way to take care of every detail and to introduce activities that will appeal to families with teens. It is an excellent choice for families looking to bridge the generations through immersive VIP experiences.
We recommend: [priced per adult / child]
• Austria, Germany & Czech Republic: Prague-Berchtesgaden-Salzburg-Vienna: 9 Days of storybook adventure
• England and France: London-Paris: 8 Days of privately guided visits to delve into the history and culture of London and Paris
• Italy: Rome-Orvieto-Tavernelle-Florence-Venice: 9 Days of special VIP experiences and tours for the family to discover enchanting Italy
• Scotland – A Brave Adventure: Edinburgh-Isle of Skye-Inverness-Ilse of Lewis: 9 Days of adventure in the land of Brave
– “Active travel is, at its heart, a way of connecting more authentically with the world.” More for active travelers who are looking for daily activity options, traveler support in the field, Backroads Travel specializes in biking, multisport, walking, hiking and immersive experiences.
We recommend [priced per couple]
• Tuscany Walking and Hiking: Florence-Oienza-San Felice-Tavarnelle del Nero: Daily hikes through the vineyards and footpaths of Tuscany: 6 Days
• Tuscany Active Gourmet: Radda-Pienza: 6 Days
• Hiking Cinque Terre: Portovenere-Santa Margherita-Panzano: 6 Days walking and hiking
• Tuscany and Umbria: San Luca-Montefollonico-Cortona: 6 Days of biking through Tuscany and Umbria
• Puglia: Monopoli-Savelletri di Fasano-Matera: 6 Days biking through Italy’s southern Adriatic coast
• Provence: Uchaux-Crillon le Brave-Joucas: 6 Days biking through France Drome region of Provence
• Loire Valley: Onzain-Montbazon-Chinon: 6 Days biking through the French chateaux country of the Loire Valley
– “Adventure awaits around every corner… and the only limit is how far your imagination will take you” A best value supplier with 100% with guaranteed departures, G Adventures manages tours across the globe. Generally G Adventure groups are limited to 16 with the average group size of 12. Offers “Personalize Your Trip” services with suggested alternative itineraries to make your trip truly “One of a kind.” Never has a single traveler supplement price.
We recommend: [priced per person]:
• London to Budapest by Rail: London-Paris- Lausanne-Zermatt-Chur-Munich-Salzburg-Vienna-Budapest 13 Days
• Best of Eastern Europe: Berlin-Warsaw-Krakow-Prague-Cesky Krumiov-Vienna-Budapest: 15 Days
• Sailing Croatia: Split to Dubrovnik; 8 Days
• Italy Local Living: Rome-Chianciano Terme-Montalcino-Montepulciano: 7 Days
• Belgian Beer Tour: Brussels-Rochefort-Orval-Chimay-Bruges-westvleteren-Westmalle-Achel-Antwerp: 8 Days
• Running of the Bulls: Barcelona-Pamplona-san Sebastian-Bilbao: 8 Days
• Venice Carnival: Rome-Florence-Pisa-Venice: 9 Days
• Best of Sicily: Catania-Palermo-Monreale-Ragusa-Modica-Syracuse-Giarre-Catania: 8 Days
• Ultimate Italy: Rome-Siena-Florence-Lucca-Pisa-Cinque Terre-Lake Como-Venice: 14 Days
• Best of Spain and Portugal: Lisbon-Evora-Seville-Cordoba-Granada-Madrid-Valenica-Barcelona: 15 Days
• France & Italy Adventure: Paris-Beaune-Avignon-Nice-Monaco-Cinque Terre-Pisa-Florence-Rome: 14 Days
• Best of Greece: Athens-Meteora-Delphi-Nafplio-Chania-Agia Roumeli-Loutro-Iraklio-Santorini: 15 Days
– “We build in enriching and unforgettable experiences and put the best private guides at your service.” Kensington Tours is a perennial winner of Travel + Leisure, National Geographic and other honors for its extraordinary destinations and unbeatable value. We especially like its new lower priced Italy offerings that dive deep into the cultural, gastronomic and art history of our favorite destination.
We recommend [priced per person]
• Rome, Florence & Venice Signature: Rome-Florence-Venice: 8 Days
• Italian Honeymoon: Rome-Positano-Florence-Venice: 12 Days
• Lakes of Northern Italy: Milan-Como-Verona-Venice: 10 Days
• Sicilian Cuisine, Culture and Country Life: Palermo-Agrigento-Syracuse-Taormina: 9 Days
• Rome & Amalfi Coast: Rome and Sorento: 6 Days
• Tuscany Highlights: Florence-Montepulciano-Siena: 10 Days
– “Italy is a way of life. When you travel with us, you will be immersed in the local way of life and become a part of the local landscape.” Tuscany Tours continues to impress us with its perfect balance of history, shopping, art and food. Owned by Pam Mercer and Sam Hilt – who was a professor of Renaissance Studies – this dynamic twosome have built the perfect sized business to introduce Americans to the joys of Italy.
We recommend [priced per person double occupancy]
• The Best of Tuscany: Florence-Radda-in-Chianti-Cortona: 9 Days including breakfast and a full-course meal daily immersed in the pleasures of Florence and Tuscany
• The Best of Amalfi: Sorrento-Ravello-Positano: 9 Days exploring the beauties of the Amalfi coast
• The Best of Sicily: Palermo-Ragusa-Siracusa/Island of Ortigia: 9 Days
We thoroughly enjoy the search in Europe for the best food and wine experiences at the best prices. If you are also into food, we’re ready to share our experiences and ideas with you on how to make your European vacation or honeymoon extraordinary.
Our idea of the “la dolce vita” or the Sweet Life is exploring the diverse world of wine-making and artesian food preparation, walking through markets and learning from shop keepers, sampling delicacies or local comfort foods over a bottle of wine, experiencing fine dining with a view to inspire and simply to go people watching from perch of a street-side café while indulging in the pastry or gelato of the day.
Did you know that even in the ruins of Pompeii, archaeologists found “fast food” stands and barrels of wine?
And, of course, the eternal quest is to find the best gelato!
Each European country and its diverse regions welcomes you to taste its traditional meals, sample its favorite cheeses and sweets, indulge in its beverages and meet the experts who live in this world of food, wine and beer and who are ready to leave you smiling.
We are happy to tailor food and wine experiences for your next European vacation
• Participate in a private cooking class to learn the art of Italian cuisine
• Enjoy delicious fresh dishes at an authentic family-run Tuscan farm restaurant
• Stroll through lush vineyards that spread out over gently rolling hills
• Learn about regional viticulture as you experiencing wine-tasting at one of the local acclaimed wineries
• Visit local markets with a guide and sample regional delicacies
• Walk through impressive wine cellars filled with barrels of classic vintages
• Enjoy an evening pub crawl and listen to poetry or sing with the locals
• Spend a morning with an acclaimed pastry chef who reveals the secrets of a Parisian classic
• Take a scenic drive through charming farm lands and countryside
• Enjoy a romantic dinner overlooking the awe-inspiring Amalfi coast
• Meet a professional cheese maker and learn the art of preparing famous European products such as Asiago, Gruyere, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Romano, Gouda, Raclette, Chevres, Edam, Provolone, Fontina, Havarti, Brie, Camembert, Gorgonzola, Feta, Mozzarella, Munster, Neufchatel, goat cheese or Pecorino
Imagine, your 5-star hotel gliding along the great rivers f Europe with stops each day to immerse you in the local wines. Bordeaux is calling you!
Enjoy this video of how AmaWaterways unites wine lovers with experts in winemaking and offers behind the scenes tours of some of Europe’s finest wineries.
This month we are featuring a small sampling of what we can arrange for you. We have hundreds of options for you to choose from:
City Food and Wine Experiences: Paris
Regional Wine Experiences: Rhine and Mosel Valleys
City Food and Wine Experiences: Munich
Regional Food and Wine Experiences: Tuscany
Most people enjoy vacationing with a group of friends, but few would care to become the group leader saddled with the responsibility to manage all of the details and payments. Leave all the research, bookings, flight arrangements and payment processing to us. In some cases we’ll even escort your group.
We’ll be happy to meet with you and your friends to map out your holiday. We’ll find for you the best group rates and benefits and take care of all of the details.
You left as friends….we want you to return as friends
Every ocean and river cruise line and escorted tour company handles group “travel free” credits and group discounts and amenities differently.
Generally, when a minimum number of travelers are booked, a credit is given at final payment on the tour leader’s booking equal to either the base rate [charges less port charges and taxes] of the lowest cabin category booked, or the average cabin category booked or the most popular cabin category booked.
As your group agent, besides looking for the best “free travel” credit, we also ask cruise lines and tour companies for their best offers on a basket of amenities for our groups including reduced cabin rates, free or air credits, open bar, free gratuities, WIFI, shore excursion credit per port, specialty dinners, photo packages, parties, shipboard credit, reduced single rates or donations back to the organization.
Join us for a wonderful 10 night cruise from Italy to Spain. We’ll be visiting Rome, Naples/Sorrento/Amalfi, Catania, Palma de Mallorca, Gibraltar, Cartagena and Barcelona. Our guests will receive their choice of shipboard credit, free drinks, free WIFI or free gratuities. Prices are up to 38% off current internet prices!
Get ready for a relaxing tour of Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia and Hungary as we cruise the Danube River from Romania west to Hungary. We’ll stay overnight in Bucharest prior to the cruise. $495 economy air from 25 gateways, or up to $1,000 cruise discount, plus previous Emerald Waterways cruisers will save $400 per person when they book this cruise from July 4th.
Enjoy this wine immersion trip to the famed Bordeaux region of France, hosted by Joe and JoAnna Dombroski, owners of the New Kent Winery and Nancy and Tony Cassano of Go Bucket List Travel. You’ll cruise on the 148 passenger AmaDolce passed stunning vineyards and small towns, each more beautiful than the one before. You’ll visit renowned wineries and stunning vineyards where tastings and pairings await. All this while discovering all the wondrous sights and landmarks along the way.
Pre and post cruise packages also available.
$400 deposit required. $200 of the deposit is nonrefundable
Join us as we head to northern Italy for three days on Lake Como and four days exploring the Italian Piedmont Region with exclusive wine tastings, tours and cooking lessons.
Departure: June 28, 2018 from Milan June 28 - July 5, 2018
This is a custom tour and space is limited to only six couples.
From $2,499 per person. $200 deposit per person, refundable up to 6 months prior to departure.
Departing September 2, 2018, Travel to two of the world’s most revered pilgrimage centers and experience the wonderful cultures and beauty of Portugal, France, and Spain. Stay a leisurely two nights in Fatima and spend time reflecting and exploring the famous Basilica and the tombs of Francisco and Jacinto. Travel to Aljustrel, where the children lived, and the Valinhos, where Our Lady appeared after the children’s return from prison. Visit the Church of Holy (Eucharist) Miracle in Santarem. During a two night stay in Burgos, visit the magnificent Cathedral, a masterpiece of Spanish gothic architecture and a UNESCO World Heritage site. Explore the impressive 12th century Monastery of Santa María Real de las Huelgas, a former spiritual retreat for society ladies and royalty. Enjoy a walking tour of Lourdes and a two-night stay there. Visit the moving Grotto where Our Lady appeared to Bernadette. End in vibrant Barcelona, and view Antonio Gaudi’s unfinished masterpiece “La Sagrada Familia,” also a UNESCO World Heritage site.
$3,199 Double Occupancy, with roundtrip economy air
$3,599 Single Traveller, with roundtrip economy air
Put on your “Indiana Jones” hat and come with us on this exploration of Egypt. The mysteries and treasures of Egypt unfold before you on your journey along the intriguing Nile River. We’ll begin by spending time at the awe-inspiring Pyramids of Giza – one of the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World. Imagine standing in awe at the iconic Great Sphinx. Then we travel by air to ancient Memphis, with its nearly 40-foot statue of Ramses II, and Sakkara. Next we’ll embark on a leisurely paced 4-night cruise on the Nile, the world’s longest river. We’ll visit Luxor’s impressive Temples of Karnak. On the West Bank of the Nile in Luxor, uncover countless ancient treasures including the Valley of the Kings, the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut at Deir El Bahari, and the Colossi of Memnon. Also, we’ll partake in a special evening, and dress up and join the fun during a traditional galabeya party. You can choose to sail to the lush oasis of Kitchener Island aboard a felucca (wooden sail boat) or experience Nubian culture past and present during a visit to a fascinating museum. Back in Cairo we’ll have time to wander the famous Museum of Egyptian Antiquities. Egypt’s fascinating story awaits to be discovered.
There is also an optional trip to Jordan and visits to Petra at the end of our Egyptian exploration.
$3,999 Double Occupancy
$4,699 Solo Traveller
We never get tired of visiting Greece and on this trip you’ll discover with us the magnificent ruins of ancient Greece in their tranquil Mediterranean settings. While most Greek isle cruises spend just a few hours at an island, on this trip we’ll spend relaxing days at Mykonos and Santorini. Why be rushed when you’re surrounded by such beauty? This comprehensive journey explores Greece’s most important ancient monuments, like the famed Temple of Zeus, archeological site of Olympia and ancient artifacts of Delphi. Explore Athens your way – choose a tour of the incredible Acropolis, or embark on a walking tour of some of the city’s hidden gems. We’ll visit a local farm in the countryside to see how olive oil and wine are produced. Learn how to cook traditional Mediterranean cuisine during a cooking demonstration. Wander the winding streets, vineyards, marketplaces and beaches of Mykonos and Santorini. Explore the excavations of the ancient city at Akrotiri, the most important prehistoric settlement found anywhere in the Eastern Mediterranean. In Athens, enjoy traditional cuisine, wine and entertainment at a family-owned taverna in the lively Plaka district. Learn the history of this fascinating country from local experts on guided tours of Athens, Meteora, Delphi, Olympia and Corinth.
$4,799 Double Occupancy
$5,699 Solo Traveller
“Are we there yet?” We all remember that age old question from countless family road trips. Travel has the wonderful ability to strengthen family bonds, develop minds and strengthen a child’s understanding of the world, but most families tend to repeat the same family vacation from year to year.
We encourage you to allow us to expand your travel preferences and stretch your comfort levels. To try new experiences, raise the bar on what you want your children to learn.
We can develop a family vacation rich in exciting adventures to inspire as well as entertain.
Learn to surf in Hawaii. Zipline through the Costa Rican rain forest canopy. Horseback ride on the beach in Bermuda. Kick up a family adrenaline rush with a New Zealand river rafting trip in Alaska. Climb the Leaning Tower of Pisa. See the Tiny Penguins come ashore in Australia. Ride a space shuttle simulator at the Kennedy Space Center. Enjoy a family-friendly glacier trek in Alaska. Cradle a baby turtle or swim with the dolphins in the Caribbean. Witness the great wildebeest, zebra and antelope migrations on the Serengeti Plains. Take golf lessons in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Go cowboy at the Wyoming dude ranch.
We at Go Bucket List Travel are in the “Peace of Mind” business. Your family vacation or group travel or tour can be the single largest investment you make in a year. We will always be on your side to ensure that your unexpected surprises will be pleasant ones. We are licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia to offer property and casualty insurance for travel.
As protection against the unexpected, a travel insurance quote is an essential part of every Go Bucket List Travel trip plan. Go Bucket List Travel has access to over 81 travel insurance plans underwritten by 15 companies. With so many options, we will work closely with you to match your needs with the best policy for your unique circumstances.
Our quote will be based on the type of coverage you select and your age when you book your trip.
Costs tend to increase at age points such as 60, 70, 75, and so on. Your policy is written as a cash value covering all of your trip segments, even if you purchased a segment, such as an airline ticket, direct from a supplier other than Go Bucket List Travel.
We recommend that you purchase your policy no later than 15 days after making your first deposit on a trip.
Put your mind at ease. We’ll answer your travel insurance questions and find you the best coverage for your circumstances.
Several of our customers recently learned the value of having purchased travel insurance:
A traveler faced emergency surgery on the eve of a departure to Europe. He and his wife recovered all of their vacation payments and cancellation penalties.
Another client had to sadly cancel a cruise booking due to a death in the family. All payments were refunded.
Consider these reasons to buy travel insurance:
a. You need to cancel the trip due to illness
b. You have a family emergency that requires your attention
c. You lost your job and can no longer afford the trip
d. Your flight has been cancelled and you missed your tour or cruise
e. Your bags and/or golf clubs were lost enroute to your extended vacation
f. You have a medical emergency in a foreign country
g. A hurricane forces you to evacuate your resort or cancel your cruise
h. Your passport and wallet are stolen and you need emergency cash as well as a replacement passport
i. You’re in an accident and you need to be evacuated back to your regular doctor and hospital for treatment
Go Bucket List Travel can provide you a competitive quote on the following types of travel insurance policies:
Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance. This is the most common policy. It protects you if you get sick, or miss your trip, or the travel provider (airline, cruise line, bus transfer company) goes out of business.
Supplemental Health Care Insurance. Always check with your health care insurance provider to see if you are covered overseas or on a cruise ship. You maybe surprised to learn that you are not. If you are covered for basic emergency care overseas you may not be covered for medical evacuation back to the states. We can also offer you a plan with an annual subscription that gives you evacuation back to your local hospital regardless of where you are traveling during the year in the United States.
Baggage Insurance. By treaty international airline liability for lost baggage is limited to approximately $9.07 per pound for checked baggage and $400 per passenger for unchecked baggage. In the US airlines’ liability for lost or damaged luggage is $3,000 per passenger but there are excluded items on the list such as jewelry.
Non-refundable Ticket Insurance. Some policies also offer straight coverage if you buy the non-refundable airline ticket and then can’t use it and don’t want to be hit with the minimum $100-$150 change fee.
Worldwide Rental Car Collision Coverage. This type of policy is helpful if your personal auto insurance policy will not cover your rental car and you are on an extended tour where the local rental car insurance would be very expensive.
Group Travel Coverage. Policies can be written for groups of 10 more that cover trip cancellation, trip interruption, trip delay, baggage/personal effects, baggage delay, emergency accident/sickness medical expense (usually up to $50,000), emergency evacuation up to $250,000,, 24 hour accidental death & dismemberment, plus optional “Cancel for Any Reason” coverage for an individual or the entire group.
Student Group Travel Protection. Student travel can be fun but anything can go wrong. For international travel the costs for medical care and evacuation can be through the roof. Don’t let your student group travel without this protection.
Golf Travel Insurance. Special insurance is available to cover your lost or delayed golf equipment and refund your prepaid golf fees. There is even a plan that will reimburse for the celebratory round of drinks (up to $250) at the clubhouse if you get a hole-in-one.
Adventure/Extreme Sports Travel. Most basic travel insurance policies exclude adventure travel. We can find you supplemental policies that will protect you while mountain climbing, scuba diving and other adventure and extreme sports.
Credit Card Coverage. Be sure you know your credit card’s terms and conditions. Some do include flight accident insurance, rental car insurance or limited baggage insurance.
Terrorism and Ransom Policies. Very few policies cover trip cancellation for reasons of any kind of terrorism. There are special policies that will cover you if you are headed to an unstable part of the world and may need evacuation and trip cancellation coverage. Some will even cover your enemy’s ransom request.
“On behalf of the Rotary Club of Whitefish I would like to thank you for arranging the trips we auctioned off at our Spirit of Whitefish event. Your generosity has helped make it possible for Rotary to continue our legacy of charitable work throughout the Valley. Again, thank you so much” Rotary Club of Whitefish, MT
Tony Cassano, Your Bucket List Concierge™ for Fundraising Projects, will be happy to answer your questions and get your project off the ground.
Let’s discuss your fundraising goal and put a plan together to help you meet this target!
Go Bucket List Travel, through it’s Caring and Sharing Program, donates 10% of its commissions to the charity of our client’s choice when you clients include this option in their “Bucket of Benefits.”. We only require that the charity be IRS 501 [c] qualified. Our goal is to raise $10,000 a year for local charities. We want your organization to benefit as well.
When Go Bucket List Travel handles your group bookings, our Caring and Sharing donation can accelerate your fund raising. Travel together and benefit your organization. Or simply make your membership aware of our outstanding community service program and remind them to request that your non-profit organization receive a Caring and Sharing donation for your members’ travel.
Go Bucket List Travel can provide your non-profit organization cruise certificates for two for travel on Carnival, Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruise Lines that you can use as a grand prize in a fundraising program. Certificates range from a simple 3-night sailing to the Bahamas to extended 7-night voyages to the Caribbean, Alaska, Canada and even Europe.
The certificate price will vary by cabin type, length of cruise and whether taxes, fees, port charge or gratuities are included and whether there are any black-out dates. Certificates are usually good for over a year. Please see the PDF below for an example of what a 7-night Caribbean cruise gift certificate would cost.
We can custom craft an award package to meet your specifications and fundraiser theme, such as weekends in New York City, European river cruises or escorted tours.
We will make all of the arrangements, provide your organization with quotes for the packages and service the package booking. These packages are perfect for auction galas.
For large organizations we are willing to negotiate the terms of a special program that will return to the 501.c.3 organization more that our complimentary 10% Caring and Sharing donation when the organization membership embark on a major trip as a fundraiser.
CLICK here to see our current project in support of the CIAO Foundation, a major provider of student scholarships in the Williamsburg, VA area. Our goal is to raise $12,000 for the foundation through a special European river cruise for the membership.
Book Early. We are seeing cruises booked out from 9 months ahead. The best itineraries and staterooms – especially single staterooms - book early. Most river cruise lines have opened their 2018 and for some even their 2019 books for reservations.
Last Minute Cruise Deals. There are early booking rates for 2018 cruises and a few cruise lines are offering free or reduced air for itineraries in early spring or later in the year.
Southeast Asia is a Hot Market. Beyond the pun, we are seeing strong traffic for river cruises on the Mekong River through Vietnam/Cambodia and the Irrawaddy River in Myanmar.
Best River Cruise Offers. Free and reduced air deals are back but free air is mostly reserved for shoulder season itineraries for the early spring or late fall.
Theme Cruises. Popular “Theme” cruises such as wine cruises, Jewish heritage, art appreciation and more are being offered on some European itineraries.
Single Staterooms. Emerald Waterways’ newer river cruise ships are being outfitted with single traveler cabins. These cabins do book out early.
• Best River Cruise Line – AmaWaterways
• Best New River Cruise Ship – Crystal Mozart
• Best Luxury River Cruise Line – Uniworld Boutique RC
• Best River Cruise Line for Dining – Tauck River Cruising
• Best River Cruise Line Cabins – Avalon Waterways
• Best River Cruise Line Itineraries – Viking River Cruises
• Best River Cruise Line Shore Excursions – Scenic
• Best River Cruise Line for Enrichment – American Cruise Line
• Best River Cruise Line for Active Cruisers – AmaWaterways
• Best River Cruise Line for Families – AmaWaterways/Disney
• Best river Cruise Line for Value – Emerald Waterways
Only AmaWaterways among all river cruise lines has been invited to join La Chaine des Rotisseurs, one of the world’s most prestigious culinary organizations founded in 1950 in Paris. Membership is considered an achievement of world-class culinary acumen. AmaWaterways is also a 2015 Travvy winner for the Best River Cruise Line and “Best River Cruise Ship” (AmaSonata) as well as the Travel + Leisure, “World’s Best Awards 2014.” AmaWaterways sails the rivers of Europe, Russia, Vietnam & Cambodia, Myanmar and Africa.[click here for AmaWaterways Wine Cruise Brochure]
The American Cruise Line’s brand new fleet, including two stern-wheelers, offers a unique and modern style of small ship cruising with some of the largest staterooms anywhere. The country-club atmosphere onboard allows guests to relax and enjoy the company of fellow travellers as you sail along the Mississippi, southeast Alaska, Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands, the Maine coast and New England, the Hudson River and the Intercoastal Waterway of the American Southeast.
Journey along the mighty Mississippi and Ohio rivers of the USA in style with the American Queen Steamboat Company in the largest, most opulent riverboat in the world. Or retrace the paths of Lewis and Clark along the Columbia and Snake Rivers and marvel at the magnificent scenery of the Pacific Northwest. cruises are all-inclusive with complementary shore excursions.
A member of the Globus family of brands, Avalon Waterways takes travelers beyond the panoramic, uncompromised views of the ship, and provides them immersive access and storytelling in each destination, a plethora of itinerary and excursion choices and unparalleled flexibility in dining, services and amenities: All inspirationally designed to enhance their journey abroad. Avalon ships sail rivers in Europe, China [Yangtze], Vietnam & Cambodia [Mekong], Brazil [Amazon] and to the Galapagos Islands.
Crystal River Cruises. Brand new for 2016, Crystal has completely reimagined the European river experience with the most spacious, state-of-the-art fleet of five all-suite river yachts boasting exceptional design and unparalleled all-inclusive amenities, including butler service for every suite with the highest staff-to-guest ratio in all of European river cruising. You’ll enjoy all the hallmarks of the legendary Crystal Experience®. Six-star service. Superior dining. The largest suites in river cruising aboard an exquisite new class of river vessel. Extraordinary personal attention and service. Delightful shore adventures amid expertly-curated itineraries, taking you to the heart of world-renowned European cities in world-class luxury. Voyages now available for booking!
Scenic is a five-star, all-inclusive luxury European river cruise line with sophisticated, modern and spacious ships having no more than 169 passengers and a generous 3 to 1 guest-to-crew ratio. Scenic offers unlimited complimentary beverages including wines and premium spirits at any time, personal butler service, free WIFI, all shore excursions including Scenic Free-Choice and Scenic Enrich, complimentary electric-assisted bicycles, airport transfers, all gratuities and free air on some itineraries. In 2013 Scenic Cruises was recognized as the “Best Luxury Cruise Line” by the New York Travel Writers Society.
Click here for the current Scenic catalog
Scenic’s sister line, Emerald Waterways, is coming on strong as an exceptional lower cost river cruise line with new ships with innovative designs such as a heated pool which transforms at night into a cinema, virtual balconies, larger cabins for the price and exceptional service.
Recognized by the readers of Travel and Leisure in 2011, 2013 and 2014 as the #1 “World’s Best River Cruise Line.” Tauck’s fleet of seven luxurious riverboats are custom designed to travel with from 118 to 130 guests in an intimate, club-like atmosphere, offers an unprecedented number of suites and amenities and boasts the highest staff to guest ratio in the business. Tauck’s premier inclusive shore excursions give guests uncommon access to events and unique opportunities to connect with the local cultures. Tauck riverboats sail the Danube, Rhine, Moselle, Seine and Rhone Rivers.
A 2014 Conde Nast Traveler Gold List winner. Uniworld offers more European itineraries than any other river cruise line, and more options for guests to personalize their Uniworld river cruise with innovative onshore programs, including “Choice Is Yours,” “Go Active,” and “Gentle Walking” options. Uniworld’s ships sail the rivers of Europe, Russia, Vietnam & Cambodia, China and Egypt.
Prides itself on providing value and a high-quality experience for its passengers. Viking River Cruises is a four time Cruise Critic’s award winner including the Best River Cruise Line for 2013 Award. Fodor Travel recognized the Viking “Legends of the Rhine” cruise as one of the “World’s Best Cruises for 2015.” Viking boasts the largest fleet of state-of-the-art vessels in the industry and in-depth destination experiences sailing the rivers of Europe, Russia, Ukraine, China, Vietnam & Cambodia and Myanmar. In 2018 Viking will expand into the US market to offer Mississippi River excursions out of New Orleans.
Let us answer your river cruise vacation questions.
What can we do for you?
We admit it….We’re Travel Junkies. The Bucket List Concierge Team travels internationally at least once a year to check out hotels, meet with tour operators and explore the wonders of the world and its people. We have designed memorable vacation itineraries throughout western Europe as well as Australia and New Zealand, Canada, Central America and throughout the Caribbean and Bermuda.
Europe is our clients’ #1 international destination. We know Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Spain well and can craft for you a custom itinerary that will thrill you, and we’ll handle all the details so you travel worry free.
Go Bucket List Travel invites you to join our many bucket list clients who have fallen in love with international travel and return year after year. Your senses will be thrilled with new lovely vistas, bold flavors, stunning art and music that echoes through time, the impact of ancient, middle ages and modern history all around you and a look at life from a different point of view.
Whatever your interests, we can handle the details:
Whatever your interests may be: relaxation, cultural immersion, culinary, art appreciation, sports, adventure, or discovery; however you wish to travel: independent, private tours, small escorted groups or larger tour groups, we have you covered.
Our relationships with cultural, travel and hospitality professionals and villa owners in Europe and our first-hand knowledge of both Europe, Canada and Australia and New Zealand give you access to a real travel experience. Whether you are traveling on a budget or looking for luxury, we’ll craft a memorable international holiday to suite your tastes, time and budget without ever scrimping on quality, service or value.
With so many exciting options, designing an international vacation for you and your family or group on your own can be overwhelming. Let the Bucket List Concierge™ Team help.
Whether you wish to see the major cities or have an in-depth country experience, or have a special itinerary or heritage destination in mind, we’re ready to answer your questions and make all of the arrangements, saving you money and precious vacation time and taking the stress out of arranging the perfect holiday.
Let us answer your Italy and Sicily vacation questions.
Family Friendly. There are more international escorted tour options this year for families.
Culinary Experiences. Look for more culinary activities on escorted tours that encourage engagement with the local community.
Cuba. People-to-people escorted tours are heavily booked but expensive. Don’t expect 5-star service or polished resorts or hotels.
Ladies Day Out. The best deals for “Ladies Day Out” trips are at Caribbean and Mexico all-inclusive family resorts in January, February, May, September, October when the kids are back in school.
Europe. Europe is still on sale for the independent traveler with the strong dollar lowering vacation costs across the board
Fly Free. We have excellent limited-time offer fly-free deals with several major tour operators
Easter at the Vatican. There is still time to book hotels or tours that include Easter at the Vatican including an opportunity to attend Easter mass and hear the Pope’s annual message at noon.
UK is Back. The British Pound has fallen dramatically against the US Dollar bringing more USA vacationers back to the United Kingdom of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. London is still one of the most polluted cities in Europe.
The “Three I’s” are Hot. We have heavy bookings for Iceland, Ireland and Italy. The Iceland summer season is short so call us to book tours early. Now is a good time to lock in 2018 visits.
Alaska / Canada. Our local Alaska suppliers are open for business and we’re finding great deals for touring throughout the interior of Alaska and for your custom cruise shore excursions. However, as the cruise lines reserve space in the choice lodges, the best lodges and tours always enjoy heavy bookings. Don’t delay your call to us! We are beginning to see sold-out dates in late July and early August.
Hawaii. The best deals are 3rd or 4th night free, free rental cars and free breakfast. A few resorts are even throwing in free golf.
Tahiti. Tahiti is a popular year-round destination. Each month we receive special prices on Bora Bora, Moorea, Tahiti, Taha’a and Yuamotu Atolls hotels as well as 7 and 10-day cruises out of Tahiti. Some offers include air from LAX, pre and post-cruise accommodations and transfers. Offers are always space limited.
“No other cruise line spends as much time in port—allowing Azamara guests a richer stay in the destinations we visit”
Everything was perfect Nancy, thank you so much for all your help! We will definitely be with Windstar for life!, Allison
Cruising is a most relaxing way to see the world. Unpack once and the wonders come to you.
We keep a close eye on the best offers. Many of the popular itineraries sell out quickly with the better cabins going first. So, please do not delay. We are already booking 2018 voyages.
Please give your Bucket List Concierge™ Team a call today at 804-557-3006 or toll-free at 855-GOBUCKET [855-462-8253]
Let us answer your cruise questions and find you the trip of a life time..
Looking for the best current offers on 2017 cruises? We track all the cruise lines current deals and can find you the best deal for your favorite cruise lines
Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean have always received top ratings for their European cruises.
Each week we publish special prices for Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess and other cruises that are departing within 75 days and have been priced to sell.
If you have the ability to travel within two to three months, these deals are an exceptional way to see the world.
Don’t forget to take advantage of early booking deals on European cruises and transatlantic voyages
Antarctica calling? Or perhaps its time to see Australia and New Zealand.
Consider a March European river cruise through the Lowlands to see the spring tulips and windmills
April and May are repositioning seasons for ships headed from Caribbean duty to summer European waters. Values can be found here if you are willing to take a longer cruise
Set sail down the Rhine from Amsterdam to Basel
May is ideal for cruising the Mediterranean
Discover Venice and the Dalmation Coast. Your cruise ship will be your floating hotel in Venice
Summer is the height of the busy European cruising season. There will be great last minute deals if you are flexible
See the British Isles on a cruise out of southern England
August is the best month for Baltic cruising to Scandinavia and Russia
Cruise the Maine coast on a schooner
Visit Normandy on a Seine river cruise from Paris
Practice relaxation on your Windstar cruise of the smaller Greek Islands
Don’t forget your day cruises to Capri
Sail up the Mosel River and explore the vineyards
European river cruises transport you to the heart of Europe. Imagine a cruise from Paris to Prague or through the German vineyards from Nuremberg to Trier
Now is the perfect time to take advantage of early booking offers for next year’s cruises
This is an exceptional time to cruise the Mediterranean
New England and Canadian cruises can be a part of a transatlantic repositioning cruise
Visit the Holy Lands with a overnight stay in Ashdod, the port for Jerusalem
Consider traveling from Europe back to the United States on a repositioning cruise
The European Christmas Markets are open and river cruises will take you to the best central European locations
Book Early. We are seeing cruises booked out from 6 to 9 months ahead. The best itineraries and staterooms – especially family-sized and disability friendly staterooms - book early. Ocean and river cruise lines have opened their 2018 and for some even their 2019 books for reservations.
Last Minute Cruise Deals. We are still receiving last minute deals - within 90 to 75 days of departure - on Crystal, Oceania, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Princess Cruises. These discounted prices generally come with no extra amenities and rooms are run of the house. Within 75 days of departure the popular first seating dining option has most likely been booked out so be ready for either late seating or flexible dining.
Oceania Free Air. Oceania continues to impress us with its free air program, including a modest $99 upgrade to premium economy and even an opportunity to upgrade to business class.
Theme Cruises. Popular “Theme” cruises are elevating the prices on some itineraries. You’ll pay more to be on the same ship with your favorite – or someone else’s’ - sports, political or music celebrity.
Single Staterooms. NCL also is rolling out single “studio” cabins on its ships. These cabins do book out early.
Megaships. The new, larger cruise ships are becoming destinations unto themselves. The massive RCCL Harmony of the Seas is getting great reviews….we seldom see this ship on sale. RCCL even bought the stage rights to the musical Grease which is performed onboard.
Waterpark Shoot-Outs. A battle is raging for the teenage and young adult market. MSC, NCL, RCCL, Disney and Carnival Cruise ships are boasting multilevel waterslides that twist and turn high above the ship and even over the side of the ship! The new Anthem of the Seas even boasts bumper cars, a sky-diving simulator, surfing board, and more bells and whistles.
Ocean Medallion. Electronic keyless stateroom entry, remote food ordering, kid tracking, daily planner and more are coming when Princess debuts “Ocean Medallion” service in November on the Regal Princess.
The best “free beverage package” is one that includes free gratuities for your drinks. Some cruise lines will charge you a hefty 18% gratuity on your “free” drink. Some may charge you a flat drink gratuity rate prior to the cruise.
• On February 8 Norwegian Cruise Line will introduce an automated bidding system for upgrades on NCL’s newest ships and later in the year for the entire fleet. Cruisers will be able to upgrade one or two categories by bidding a “nominal” amount.
• Windstar will be introducing Alaska and Asian itineraries to its 2018 schedule. The 300 passenger Windstar yachts are known to go places where the larger vessels cannot.
• Did you know that Seabourn’s crew members spend time studying guest’s photos and names in order to greet them personally? Want to stand out on your cruise? Wear distinctive eyewear, especially glasses with colored frames.
• Crystal has introduced its new Crystal AirCruises, journeys of 15 to 29 days aboard Crystal’s new custom Boeing 777. Travelers will visit ten destinations on a single journey, stay at the finest hotels and embark on “personalized destination experiences.”
• Beginning in May Carnival ships will begin calling on Princess Cay in the Bahamas. After debuting in Europe, the new Carnival Horizon will summer cruise in 2018 out of New York.
• The new NCL Bliss will sail 7-night Caribbean cruises from Miami in winter 2018-2019. The ship’s inaugural 2018 season will be sailing from Vancouver to Alaska. NCL’s newest private island, Harvest Caye, Belize, is now open. One of NCL’s newest ships, the NCL Getaway, will cruise to Scandinavia and Russia from Copenhagen beginning in May 2017.
• Seabourn deputed its new 600 passenger ship Encore last month in Singapore.
• The 210 passenger Pearl Seas Cruises Pearl Mist has begun cruises to circumnavigate Cuba with seven stops around the island with complimentary people-to-people guided excursions.
• Beginning on 4/19/17 Royal Caribbean will offer three itineraries that include Havana. NCL already features five.