Let our Bucket List Concierge™ Team plan your dream vacation now!

Contact Us

GO: No Passport? Here Are Your Cruising Options

Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative

From the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative allows you to cruise to select countries without having a passport. This is especially positive news for families. You will need a government issued ID such as a drivers license, and proof of citizenship such as a birth certificate.

The key to the program is that your cruise must be a “Closed Loop Cruise” - beginning and ending at the same USA port - and that the countries you will visit on your cruise must are members of the agreement.

For instance, you can cruise from a USA port such as Seattle, Los Angeles, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Port Canaveral. Capy Liberty, New York City, New Orleans, San Juan, Boston and more, as long as your cruise returns to that port.

But, if your cruise stops at a country that is not a member of the agreement such as an Hawaii cruise out and back to a west coast port that also stops at Tahiti, your cruise would be ineligible.

So where can you go?

  • Alaska
  • Bahamas
  • Bermuda
  • Caribbean
  • Hawaii
  • Mexico
  • New England and Canada

Given the delays you may be facing in getting a new or a renewed passport, this international agreement will keep you cruising!

Please call us at 804-557-3006 for details.

From the U.S. Custom and Border Protection website: